This egg salad is super quick to throw together once the eggs and bacon are cooked. This egg salad can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch, or a snack. You can eat the egg salad alone or with paleo crackers or on a paleo roll/ bread. To create a quick portable meal or snack, the egg salad can be wrapped in a lettuce leaf, paleo tortilla or a piece of paleo lunch meat.
This recipe can also be adapted to make deviled eggs. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and scoop out the cooked yoke (Do not chop up the egg whites). Once the egg yokes are in a bowl, follow the recipe as directed then add the mixture back into the half of egg white. Top with extra bacon, if you have any.
Click here for the method I use to make the perfect hard boiled eggs.
30 mins total
20 min to cook bacon and hard boil eggs (& make mayo if needed)
10 min to chop and gather rest of ingredients
10 min (to assemble and stir)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (see above how to hard boil eggs)
- 6-7 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into small pieces
- Few Table spoons of Paleo mayo, depends on how creamy you like yours. For paleo mayo, I use Chosen Foods or I will make my own mayo using this recipe
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients- cook the bacon, hard boil the eggs, and chop the onion (and make the mayo if making your own).
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and add the mayo as a binder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in refrigerator, and serve it cold.
Original recipe found here: Perfect Paleo Egg Salad