I love this recipe!! It is super easy and quick…and it really is a great substitute for the traditional dairy version! I put this “sour cream” on top of my chili, baked sweet potato, tacos, etc. it adds a creaminess of traditional dairy version to these dishes.
24 hrs (cashews need to soak over night)
5-7 min (to blend after cashews have soaked)
5-7 mins (once cashews have soaked over night)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water
- Place all ingredients into your blender
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other airtight container.
Original recipe found here: The Best Damn Vegan Sour Cream