I have tried many gluten free and paleo biscuits over the years and by far this is THE BEST one! (reminds me the most of the gluten version of biscuits) This recipe has only 6 ingredients and is super simple to make, not rolling or cutting out the biscuits. These biscuits are a great addition to any meal that can be severed warm and topped with some coconut oil “honey butter”. I have used these biscuits to make an “egg mcmuffin” type breakfast sandwich, but without the cheese of course.
6 egg whites
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in cold coconut oil with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until they are very frothy.
- Fold the egg whites into the chilled flour mixture until well combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of dough onto the baking sheet and smooth the top to form each biscuits, an ice cream scoop works well in this step.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Serve warm or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes 9 biscuits.
Original recipe found here: The Perfect Paleo Biscuit