This frosting recipe is quick and easy to make. I use this vanilla frosting for cupcakes, cakes, and cinnamon rolls! The original recipe calls for raw honey, but I have used maple syrup too and it was still great…color was a little different, not real white, but the taste was just as good!
This frosting really IS the best paleo frosting I have had!
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine everything except the coconut oil
- Blend with a hand mixer (or I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer) until well combined
- Drizzle coconut oil in slowly while mixing on high
- Mix until whipped together
- Frost cake immediately, or store in fridge (if you store in the fridge, re-whip before using)
- If you want to pipe this frosting, put into the fridge until firm and then use a cake decorator and pipe the frosting into beautiful designs. It’s best to take out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before piping.
Original recipe found here: The Best Paleo Frosting