- 1 (14 ounce) can Coconut Cream (from full fat coconut milk), chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) coconut sugar or honey, optional
1. Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment (or beater for your blender) in the freezer for 10 minutes before making the coconut whipped cream.
2. When bowl is chilled, remove the thick and hardened coconut cream from the can and transfer to your mixing bowl, leaving any excess moisture/coconut water in the can. If your can of coconut cream did not harden up, unfortunately you got a dud can of coconut cream and it won’t whip into soft peaks. Use this can for cooking or baking instead, and try another can.
3. Beat on medium high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Scrape down the bowl. If adding sweetener, add coconut sugar or honey, then continue beating for another 2 minutes. I usually don’t add sweetener, since the coconut cream has its own natural sweetness. But if you like it sweeter, feel free to add it.
You can serve the whipped coconut cream immediately, or transfer to an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will harden up in the fridge. Just whisk for a few seconds before serving again.
Original recipe found here: Coconut Whipped Cream