I love banana bread!! And all of my family loves this recipe too, paleo eaters or not!! This recipe is simple and easy. I make every time we have banana that need to be used up. I add cardamom to my banana bread (actually I add cardamom to almost all my baking). I add nuts to mine and sprinkle a few on top too. Sometimes I like to make muffins or mini muffins instead of bread for a quick grab and go breakfast, snack, or treat!
50 min (for a loaf) or 20 min (for 12 muffins)
65 mins (for loaf) or 35 min (for 12 muffins)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 very ripe medium to large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by either oiling the dish or lining with parchment paper. (I’m a big fan of the parchment paper for easy removal from pan and easy clean up.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and flours. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla until very well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the center and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe converts well to muffins. Divide batter between 12 muffin tins (or mini muffin tins, you will get more muffins that are bite sized). Just remember to reduce baking time.
Top with a nut butter or coconut oil honey “butter” and enjoy!
Original recipe found here: Perfect Paleo Banana Bread