Roasted sweet potatoes or yams (sweet potatoes vs yams) are a quick and easy recipe that can be a side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe is seasoned with maple syrup for a sweet side dish. I do not like marshmallow, so I use this recipe at the holidays and my whole family LOVES them!! I can never make enough!
I adapt this recipe when I want a more savory dish than sweet. To make this dish savory, I substitute rosemary or turmeric in place of the maple syrup.
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil (I prefer coconut oil, but avocado oil or olive oil or whatever oil you like will work too)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Add diced sweet potatoes or yams and toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in an even layer onto prepared pan.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Original recipe found here: roasted maple cinnamon sweet potatoes