This appetizer is super easy and my got to for a side dish for parties. You can prep the day before by slicing the sausage and dicing the pineapple, then all you have to do is cook and plate the day of the party!
I have also just thrown the sliced sausages and diced pineapples in a pan with peppers (or other veggies) and served over cauliflower rice with some coconut amino teriyaki sauce (I either use a store bought sauce or make my own)…the whole family loves it!
- 1 pack of gluten free/ paleo sausages (I like Aidell’s chicken and apple), already cooked
- fresh pineapple chunks
- toothpicks or party picks
- Cut the sausage into generous inch sized slices and gently fry in a little oil on both sides until brown.
- Place the cooked pieces onto some kitchen paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- cut your pineapple chunks into bite sized (about an inch) pieces and place one piece each of pineapple on top of one piece each of sausage and stick it with a toothpick.
- They can be served at room temperature.
Original recipe found here: SAUSAGE AND PINEAPPLE APPETIZER