I love spaghetti squash!! And these spaghetti squash fritters are awesome! This recipe is quick, easy and can be doubled if desired. These fritters make a great side dish, snack and substitute for hash browns with breakfast. Smaller fritters can be made to use as an appetizer. These fritters can be topped with anything, we like to top ours with paleo sour cream and salsa or chives. Occasionally we have substituted “cream cheese” for the paleo sour cream.
- 1 Cup spaghetti squash strands from a cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tsp of herbs/ seasonings, optional
- 1-2 tbsp ghee, coconut or avocado oil
- Place the spaghetti squash strands in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as possible over the sink. The squash will reduce in volume by about half. With a fork, gently mix together the eggs and drained spaghetti squash. Season this batter with salt, pepper and herbs/seasonings.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium high heat. Add spoonfuls of the batter and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Sprinkle with salt and server.