These Swedish Meatballs are a hit in my household for both paleo and non paleo eaters! This recipe is easy and filling. You can serve these meatballs with any sides you like, but my family prefers mashed sweet potatoes or cauliflower rice with broccoli or green beans on the side.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (grass-fed is preferred for this recipe)
- 1 medium yellow onion, very finely diced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté until completely cooked, approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (I find it easiest to use my hands). Form 1 ½” meatballs by hand and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- ½ Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- Place broth and ghee in the skillet that the onions were cooked in. Stir in the arrowroot powder. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently until thick, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Toss meatballs in gravy (including any juices from the baking sheet) and enjoy!
Makes approximately 16 meatballs
Original recipe found here: Swedish Meatballs